Thursday, February 28, 2008

Introducing Nicole Lee Artistry


I was in the Etsy chatroom the other day goofing off with some other Estians. One of the things I truly love about the Etsy chatrooms is getting to peek at people's shops while talking to them. I popped into a shop and got sucked into browsing her store...quite forgot about the chatroom for a few minutes. She is very new to Etsy, in fact it's been a month today! But she has already established her store's personality through her photography. Her jewelry is beautiful, simple, yet put together with an artistic flair that I could never achieve. It give me great pleasure to introduce Nicole Lee Artistry!


I asked Nicole Lee how she came to be a jewelry artist:

I have been making jewelry for about a year and a half now. It started when my company downsized and I lost my job. With a stroke of bad luck, I went through two more jobs...one because the company hit a financial buckle and the last one I left by choice. I had reached a point of question - Be successful helping someone else reach their dream or be successful doing what I love and help myself reach MY dreams? It was a tough decision. Mainly it was difficult because I feared the RISK involved if I tried to be a full-time crafter, and some cautioned against it. BUT, NOTHING COMES WITHOUT RISK and some very successful people made it by going "against the wind."


So I took the plunge. I received compliments and started to sell. With some sales under my belt, I decided to get online. I tried some other avenues and then I found Etsy. I fell in love! I love etsy because it's professional, user friendly and affordable for crafters. I'm new to Etsy, so right now, I'm doing everything I can to get exposure and SALES. For any crafter, even though the enjoyment and self-satisfaction is valuable, if you want to turn a profit, you have to sell. You spend a little, make a little, and hope other people spend a little of their time, interest and money so you can make a little more in return.


I create because I cannot NOT create. For me, making jewelry and crafts is a life force! I'm truly inspired by everything and everyone! When I'm making a piece, I don't stop until I have that inner sense of completion and personal satisfaction. I would wear any of my pieces and if I don't feel that way, I won't sell them. I also regard my customers' opinions HIGHLY - if they EVER feel that they are not satisfied...even if it is for the littlest reason, I would not hesitate to do what I can, within reason, to keep them happy. They keep me in business and allow me to do what I love. I do my best to show how grateful I am for that and want to show it.


With such strong, beautiful pieces coming out of her workshop, I think that Nicole Lee has a very bright future ahead of her! Please take a few moments to peek in her shop and see what else she has to offer.

5 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

What lovely work.Like the variety.Your presentation was wonderful,

XUE said...

Hi Genevieve! How wonderful of you to feature Nicole's creations. I do like the "Night Flowers Necklace ( bottom pix). A little Asian & I'm quite partial to that!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ever so much for featuring me in your blog! You did such a wonderful job with it. I had a sale the same day! I am very grateful for the exposure and opportunity to hopefully grow my business!

decadentdiamond said...

What a lovely find! I've never been in the chatrooms for more than a minute as I always end up in a room where nobody is talking or I can't get into a room as it's too full!

meg said...

I agree about the chatrooms! Beautiful shop!!!

About Me

My photo
i sew because i cannot draw.